There’s something so perfect about a cheesecake. It’s tangy yet sweet and instantly makes me feel all those comfort-y vibes that we all know I’m going for… This cheesecake is even better cause, yeah, you read that right, no bake! It makes even the most inexperienced cooks look like they can crush it in the kitchen. Now, add in Nutella, and a chocolate chip cookie crust and you’re gonna wow everybody you serve this to, including yourself! I tried this recipe out for the first time a month ago and everyone was in awe by it. It’s so rich but SO delicious. Chocolate lovers rejoice – this is one you have to try out!
Here’s the one problem I have with cheesecakes – well, I can’t even eat them, HA! If you’ve been following along here you know I’m allergic to lactose. So, I’ve got some tips and tricks on how to make this lactose free. Yes, really. Best part is, you’d NEVER know – promise!! First off, make sure you’re using lactose/dairy free chocolate chip cookies – heck you could even use gluten free ones! Then, substitute butter for lactose free butter, this is my favorite one. As for the cream cheese, there are plenty of dairy free alternatives out there but after trying a few I think the Tofutti brand is the most similar in consistency to the real thing. Believe it or not, it’s actually pretty readily available at most grocery stores – check next to the regular cream cheese. Heck, even if you’re not lactose free it’s worth trying. We all know that feeling you get after eating a cheesecake, you know the one where your stomach is like – hey, what the heck, that was rich + now I hate you! But seriously, once you add in the Nutella you’d never know it wasn’t the real thing. Which brings me to that… dairy free Nutella?! Yeah, I didn’t know this was a thing either! Shout out to my sister-in-law’s dad, Rich, for finding this and sharing it with me. The Rigoni di Asiago Nocciolata Dairy Free Hazelnut Spread is delicious! Best part – you can find it on Amazon.
Short on time? Don’t have a food processor?
Don’t like chocolate chip cookies? Sorry, there’s no way that’s possible… Easy fix, don’t make your own crust – just purchase a graham cracker crust from the baking aisle of the grocery store and add in this delicious filling (I’d recommend the Oreo chocolate one with this!) The filling will take you 5 minutes to whip up, refrigerate it for a couple hours and it’s ready to serve! I will say though, the chocolate chip cookie crust might be my favorite part of this decadent desert.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|20 min||n/a||2 hr 20 min|
- 1 package of chocolate chip cookies (about 2 dozen cookies)
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (you could always use walnuts if you already have them on hand)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- OPTIONAL: 6 Ferrero Rocher choloates (they look so pretty on top!)
- Add the cookies and 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts to a food processor and blend until they have a crumb like consistency. Depending on the size of your food processor you may need to work in multiple batches. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Combine using a spatula until butter is mixed through.
- Transfer the crust ingredients form the bowl into the bottom of a pie plate or spring form pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass spread out the cookie crumbs until they form a crust on the bottom of the pan. Make sure to have some of the crust come up the sides of the pan. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Combine the cream cheese, Nutella and confectioners sugar in a bowl using a handheld mixer. Mix until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- After the crust has been in the freezer four about 15 minutes, take it out and start transferring your filling onto the crust. Use a spatula to spread it out. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge for another hour and a half or until you are ready to serve it.
- OPTIONAL: top the cheese cake with drizzled Nutella, chopped hazelnuts or Ferrero Rocher choloates!