Anyone that knows me really well has probably had my homemade guac. It’s one of the easiest things to make yet brings me so much joy – yes, mashed up avocados bring me joy, let me live. My homemade guac is hands down the my most requested recipe by friends + family so it was only fitting that it got featured as my first recipe blog post.
Whether you serve this on tacos or with a bag of tortilla chips (heck, I’ve even eaten it with just a spoon…) it is bound to be a crowd favorite. My husband LOVES it on a burger! The ingredient that sets this guac apart from others: lime. Yes, maybe you’ve had guac with lime before – believe me it’s definitely not some crazy new ingredient – but I will say that I never feel like restaurant guac’s have enough of that citrus tang I crave from a good guac.
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|10 min||10 min||10 min|
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion [aka 1/2 small red onion]
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes [aka a dozen cherry tomatoes should do]
- 2 tbsp cilantro – fresh or dried works!
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 drops of Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil [or 2 tbsp lime juice]
- OPTIONAL: 1 diced jalapeño or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Note: Do NOT use any ol’ bottle of lime essential oil. Digesting the wrong essential oils can be very harmful.
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. [PS this tool is a game changer if you eat avocados as often as we do]
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir!
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor [or dive right in if you can’t wait!!]